THE 19TH SPECTACULAR CELEBRATION OF CREATIVITY IN JUNEAU
Juneau has been creating fabulous works of wearable art for the past 18 years. For artists, it is an opportunity to explore, experiment, and showcase their talent via art on the runway. For audience members it is a joyful, enriching, and invigorating entertainment that brings friends and family together in a celebration of community creativity. For the Arts Council, it is a fundraising event that support many programs offered to the community, specifically student fine art scholarships, individual artist grants, and the management of the Juneau Arts & Culture Center. For all of the community, it is is a chance to encourage creativity and innovation, promote a creative economy, and welcome inclusivity.
Margeaux Ljungberg rejoins the Arts Council as Wearable Art 2019 Director, and Haight & Associates as Set Designer.
Learn how you can help by donating to our Silent Auction...
or be a Volunteer.
We've updated and improved the 2019 Seating Chart & Runway. Check out the new plan below:
SHOW DATES & OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Here we go! The wind-up to Wearable Art 2019 has begun.
Saturday, February 16, 2019 // 8:00 PM // Centennial Hall
Sunday, February 17, 2019 // 3:00 PM // Centennial Hall
Open - Friday, September 14, 2018
Close - Saturday, December 1, 5:00 PM, 2018
Ticket Sales Open
NewJACC Groundbreakers & Registered Artists (Become one today!)// 5:00 PM, Nov 15, 2018
JAHC Members // 9:00 AM, Dec 1, 2018
General Public // 9:00 AM, Jan 15, 2019
Artist Registration Instructions
Thinking about registering for Wearable Art 2019? Follow these steps:
1. Download and read the Artist & Model information packet. Make sure that you, any co-artists, and your model(s) can commit to the proposed schedule and rehearsal times. Email the Producer & Director any major questions you have that may affect parts of your registration. The last four pages must be scanned & emailed to the JAHC or hard copies may be delivered to the JACC.
2. Download the Registration Overview. This is a document with all of the registration questions listed. This does not qualify as your actual registration - it's just to help you plan / write your answers. The Registration Form (next step) does NOT save your progress - so submit it when you're done drafting your answers.
3. Submit your responses in the Registration Form. Registrations are due by 5:00 PM, Saturday December 1 (all materials, including signature pages / waivers / etc).
4. Your registration fee ($50.00) will be invoiced to the email provided in your registration. You can pay online via credit card or submit cash or check to the JACC Front Desk.
5. After the registration deadline, a rehearsal schedule sign up will be emailed to all artists & models.