Wearable ArtThis Page Last Updated: October 31st, 2013
Wearable Art 2014 – “Technicolor”
Saturday, February 8, 8 pm, Silent Auction opens 7 pm
Tickets: $40 General, $80 Full Frontal, $125 Flash Zone
Sunday, February 9, 3 pm, Silent Auction opens 2 pm
Tickets: $25 General, $50 Full Frontal, $75 Flash Zone
This is the 14th Annual Wearable Art Extravaganza – the major fundraising event for the Council.
The ticket proceeds benefit the Juneau Arts and Humanities Scholarship Programs, Individual Artist Grants and help underwrite operations of the Juneau Arts and Culture Center.
The Annual Mayor’s Awards for the Arts will be presented at the Sunday Wearable Art show. Nominations are now being accepted for this honor.
The event includes an amazing Silent Auction, a different one each day, with items ranging from homebaked cheesecakes to special tours. Items valued at $300 or more will be posted on our website for on-line pre-bidding – giving donors a little extra publicity too!
November 1: Tickets go on sale to season ticket holders, $500 level JAHC members and registered WA Artists.*
December 2: Tickets go on sale to all JAHC members
January 15: Tickets go on sale to the general public
All seats are reserved
GET THE BEST TABLE IN THE HOUSE
The front center table for 4 – the “RED CARPET MVP* TABLE – will be auctioned off to the highest bidder with the winner announced on January 15. The generous winners will enjoy “red carpet” treatment – a bottle of sparkling wine, butler service, roses, and more. Bidding will open on November 1. We strongly recommend that bidders purchase regular table seats as a back up, as tables tend to sell out fast.
* Most Valuable Patron.
PARTICIPATE IN THE SHOW
Applications for entries into the runway show are due on DECEMBER 16
DONATE TO THE SILENT AUCTION
call us at 586-2787, or email Catherine Hatch with your information.
BUY MILE HIGH RAFFLE TICKETS
JAHC is currently selling $10 raffle tickets. The prize: 2 Alaska Airlines Tickets to anywhere they fly. The drawing will take place during the Sunday, Feb 9 Wearable Art Show. Call the office at 586-2787 for more information, or contact a Council Board Member.
Become a member today.
- 2002 Wearable Art “Going to Extremes”
- 2003 Wearable Art “Going to Extremes II”
- 2004 Wearable Art “Rampaging Imagination
- 2005 Wearable Art ” Between the Tides”
- 2006 Wearable Art “Between the Tides”
- 2007 Wearable Art “Solstice to Solstice”
- 2008 Wearable Art “Mechanical Marvels”
- 2009 Wearable Art “Altered State”
- 2010 ‘Cirque de Pluie’ Archive this one
- 2012 Wearable Art: “FUSION”
- 2013 Wearable Art “ORGANIX”
- 2013 Wearable Art: “ORGANIX” – Entry Instructions
- 2014 Wearable Art: “TECHNICOLOR” – Entry Instructions
- 2011 Wearable Art: “Illuminate”
- Highlights from past Wearable Arts