Wearable ArtThis Page Last Updated: February 28th, 2013
Thank you all for helping to make Wearable Art 2013 a magnificent success!
3rd: “Ocean Blue” by Michelle Morris
photo by Seanna O’Sullivan
Saturday, February 9, 8 pm, Silent Auction opens 7 pm
Tickets: $30 General, $75 Full Frontal, $100 Flash Zone
Sunday, February 10, 3 pm, Silent Auction opens 2 pm
Tickets: $25 General, $35 Full Frontal, $65 Flash Zone
This is the 12th Annual Wearable Art Extravaganza – the major fundraising event for the Council. Proceeds from the Saturday Show and Silent Auction support the scholarship and grant programs the Council offers, and the Sunday events support the operation of the Juneau Arts & Culture Center.
The Annual Mayor’s Awards for the Arts will be presented at the Sunday Wearable Art show. Nominations are now being accepted for this honor.
The event includes an amazing Silent Auction, a different one each day, with items ranging from homebaked cheesecakes to special tours. Silent Auction donors receive one complimentary ticket to the Sunday Wearable Art show provided their contribution is received prior to January 14, when sales open to the public. Items valued at $300 or more will be posted on our website for on-line pre-bidding – giving donors a little extra publicity too!
All seats are reserved: Wearable Art Seating Chart 2012
This year, the front center table for 4 – the “RED CARPET MVP* TABLE – will be auctioned off to the highest bidder with the winner announced on November 29. The generous winners will enjoy “red carpet” treatment – a bottle of sparkling wine, butler service, roses, and more. Bidding will open on November 1.
* Most Valuable Patron.
* November 1, 2012 – to JAHC Season ticket holders and members at $500+ level
* November 30, 2012 at 10 am – to all JAHC Members
* January 14, 2013, at 10 am – to none-members
VOLUNTEER TO HELP
We need ushers, table guards, stage hands, ticket sellers and more..
DONATE TO THE SILENT AUCTION
call us at 586-2787, or email Catherine Hatch with your information.
Become a member today.
Note that you get a “Mile High” raffle ticket for 2 Alaska Airlines Tickets for every $50 you donate. The drawing will take place during the Sunday, Feb 10 Wearable Arts Show. Call the office at 586-2787 for more information, or contact a Council Board Member.
Or send your contribution by text:
- 2002 Wearable Art “Going to Extremes”
- 2003 Wearable Art “Going to Extremes II”
- 2004 Wearable Art “Rampaging Imagination
- 2005 Wearable Art ” Between the Tides”
- 2006 Wearable Art “Between the Tides”
- 2007 Wearable Art “Solstice to Solstice”
- 2008 Wearable Art “Mechanical Marvels”
- 2009 Wearable Art “Altered State”
- 2010 ‘Cirque de Pluie’ Archive this one
- 2012 Wearable Art: “FUSION”
- 2013 Wearable Art: “ORGANIX” – Entry Instructions
- 2011 Wearable Art: “Illuminate”
- Highlights from past Wearable Arts